Sunday, May 23, 2010

Response from Hardrock

I've finally gotten a response to my email from Hardrock, sadly, the company directors are away somewhere and so we wont be able to know whether or not it will be allowed to use the projector at the rock climbing center until late wednesday. This is very late so in my personal opinion, we should find another rock climbing place, go there will a projector and just try and do it there without permission. If we can get a bit of footage that will be great, that way, if on wednesday afternoon we find out we cannot do it at Hardrock at least we'll have something to show everyone.

Another option is to go to Hardrock without the projector and climb normally, and add in the animation to the video as an overlay afterwards.

Of course, we may still be able to use the projector at Hardrock but we wont find out until the night before.

5 comments:

  1. Would there be a rockclimbing place close to uni so we could do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably not. I know a few around my area but I can drive to any if there is one you have in mind closer to where everyone else lives.

    I'll look into rock climbing places in the city now, I doubt there are any others though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I can see, the next closest one is in Altona North. Website is here: http://www.cliffhanger.com.au/cms/main/location.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could train it really, should we get to contacting them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've sent them an email. I'm going to bring my videocamera tomorrow. I say we should go into hardrock tomorrow after the programming lab and I'll film us climbing the wall without the projection and I'll overlay the animation on the computer afterwards otherwise we arent going to have a video or any promotional pictures. Someone needs to make us a website/blog too. I really need to give some attention to my other projects so I'm going to leave the website, promo photos and anything else thats left for others to do.

    ReplyDelete